Click a presentation icon to read the presentation
Click an audio icon to listen to a presentation
Click an image (below) of a program to read the detailed program with menus, etc.
November 30, 2012 — Book Discussion & Media Event
Poison A La Carte
6:00 to 10:00 PM
December 1, 2012—Black Orchid Assembly
2:00 to 4:30 PM
141 West 38th Street
David Naczycz "New York Beer Stories" [www.urbanoyster.com]
December 1, 2012 — Black Orchid Happy Hour
4:30 to 6:45 PM
with scrumptious appetizers
December 1, 2012 — Black Orchid Banquet
6:45 to 9:30 PM
- Keynote Speaker William C. Forbes, Esq., former Prosecuting Attorney of Kanawha County, West Virginia discussed the investigation depicted at Kanawha Spa in Too Many Cooks… and whether gals spilling ginger ale get the guy.
- A meal inspired by the Wolfe Corpus, with wines
- The annual Nero Award presentation to the author of the best American mystery novel. 2012 winner is Though Not Dead by Dana Stabenow
- The Black Orchid Novella Award bestowed upon the author selected by Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine for an original unpublished work of fiction that conforms to the tradition of the Nero Wolfe series and the Novella style for which Mr. Stout is famous. 2012 winner is "The Red Envelope" by Robert Lopresti (and click to read Rob's acceptance speech)
- Yet another devilishly difficult quiz (click here to try it yourself)
- The usual toasts, songs, and frivolity (published in the next issue of The Gazette)
December 2, 2012 — Black Orchid Brunch Hunt
Start: 11:30 AM
Brunch: 12:30 PM at The Statler Grill on W. 33 St.
Congratulations to the hunters on a job well done.
Below is an image of the Banquet keepsake: a full color, glossy bookmark, to commemorate the 2012 event